On 04/24/2011 11PM MST we at Sh3lls Limited will be performing upgrades on our network infrastructure in Chicago. The upgrades will interrupt service in our Chicago DC for 2-3 hours from the startup time. We will be performing the following upgrades to our Chicago Infrastructure:
Upgrade Core router line card for switching uplinks.
Upgrade switching fabric uplinks.
Routine Maintenance on current Firewalls
Phase II of the new firewalls implementation
If you have any questions comments or concerns, please open a helpdesk ticket for Sales/Billing for more information.
This maintenance will only affect servers hosted in our Chicago Datacentre
Due to some major network change at the NOC we are forced to changed the ip for the vpn5.sh3lls.net server now as the ip is changed you need to download the new certificate even for vpn5.sh3lls.net.
So please login to your openvpn control panel and download the new certificate else you will not be able to connect.
Just in case if https://vpn5.sh3lls.net:80 is not working please try https://22.214.171.124:80 it might be needed just for few hours once your isp dns cache is flushed it will start working perfectly again
On 04/18/2011 at 1AM MST we will be doing a major upgrade on our internal network infrastructure in Denver. This will increase our network capacity and will drastically increase our network performance and uptime.
The upgrade will include:
Upgrade cross-connect link between our Edge and Core router
Upgrade Core router supervisor engine
Upgrade Core router Switch uplink layer line card
Upgrade cross-connect link between our Core router and the end-server switches
Upgrade our Firewall Farm
We estimate that this will cause service interruptions for about 2 hours and to restore service at 3:AM MST. During this time all or partial traffic to our Denver facility systems will be disrupted.
We will be doing the similar network upgrade to our Chicago facility at a later date.
Below is the tutorial with screenshots for using Sh3lls PPTP VPN Tunnel on iPAD, this tutorial was created on Apple iPAD 2 Firmware version 4.3.1, so if you are using a different Firmware, there might be minor differences, but this tutorial should work for iPAD 1 as well as iPAD 2:
1) Click on Settings
2) Click on “General”
3) Now Click on “Network”, it’s on the right side column.
4) Now Click on VPN:
5) Now click on “Add New Configuration”, it will open a popup box, over select vpn type as “PPTP”:
6) Now enter details in the form
a) Description: Sh3lls PPTP VPN
b) Server: vpn2.sh3lls.net [replace it with the server name on which you got your account]
c) Account: test (replace it with the username that you got in your vpn activation emil)
d) RSA Secure ID: leave it default value of OFF
e) Password: Enter your password that you got in your vpn activation email.
Leave all other values default. and click on “SAVE”
7) Now the screen should like as under:
8) Now click on “VPN OFF” click it so that turns “VPN ON”, and it will now try to connect to the vpn server and you should be connected to the Sh3lls PPTP VPN tunnel server in the next few seconds and now all your traffic for iPAD will go over vpn.
Following are the steps or tutorial to connect to Sh3lls PPTP VPN tunnel server using Windows VISTA.
1. Click on Start, Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center.
2. On the left hand side under Tasks, click on Set up a connection or network.
3. This will launch the Set up a connection or network wizard.
4. Select Connect to a work place, click next.
5. Click on No, create a new connection, then select next.
6. Select Use my Internet Connection (VPN), click next.
7. In the Internet Address field, type in [vpn server name, the vpn server name is provided in your vpn activation email]. In the destination name field, name the connection for example, “Sh3lls.net VPN”.
8. Type in your Sh3lls.net provided username and password in the username and password fields.
Now double click on the created connection, click on connect and now you are connected to Sh3lls PPTP VPN Tunnel and your ip is now hidden from whole world.